Re: seperating config files in cfagent.conf

From: David J. Bianco
Subject: Re: seperating config files in cfagent.conf
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:23:00 -0500

Actually, the best thing to do is to only include that file on machines
which are running Solaris.  For example, I have the following in my
cfagent.conf file:

import:

        any::                   cf.common
                                cf.cfengine
                                cf.inetd
                                cf.ssh

        linux::                 cf.linux
        redhat_6::              cf.autorpm
        linux.!redhat_6::       cf.yum
        solaris::               cf.solaris

Note that all machines import the same four files (cf.common, cf.cfengine,
cf.inetd and cf.ssh), but only linux machines get cf.linux, and only
solaris machines get cf.solaris.  Furthermore, SOME linux machines get
cf.autorpm, while others get cf.yum instead.

Using this method, you can assume, for example, that only solaris machines
will ever execute anything in cf.solaris, so you don't need to keep
specifying the solaris class for every action there.

        David

Harry Hoffman wrote:
Hi All,

I'm kinda following along with the examples in cfegine 2.0. My question is this:
If I seperate out a solaris config file and then include it within cfagent.conf
wouldn't I need to specify the OS as a class to every actionsequence?

for example in the example cf.solaris:
disable: /etc/.login type=file
    /bin/rdist

would I actually need to do:
disable:
   solaris2.7|solaris2.8|solaris2.9::
      /etc/.login type=file
      /bin/rdist

to make it specific to solaris? Or is it just assumed that other OS's won't have
these files/dirs/etc.?

Sorry if this is a rather simplistic question.

Also, is there an undo (or enable) for when screwups happen?

Thanks,
Harry

--
David J. Bianco, GSEC GCUX GCIH         <bianco@jlab.org>
GPG Fingerprint:  516A B80D AAB3 1617 A340  227A 723B BFBE B395 33BA

     The views expressed herein are solely those of the author and
            not those of SURA/Jefferson Lab or the US DOE.