HOSTNAME not found in env

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: HOSTNAME not found in env
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:58:03 -0600

I'm getting this result from my cfengine hosts:

HOSTNAME not found in env

This is happening on my 2.0.6 boxes as well as my 2.1.0p1 machines. It seemed to start after I changed my topology a bit (I went from One Big File with a handful of specific imports to a single 'umbrella' file that did very little other than import everything else). I can't figure out what in the cfagent configs might actually regulate this, and certainly nothing has changed in the actual runtime environment.

Anybody seen this before?