Re: cfengine and config4gnu

From: Mark . Burgess
Subject: Re: cfengine and config4gnu
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 11:18:36 +0100 (MET)

Peter,

thanks for your E-mail. I must confess that I cannot recall having heard of the
config4gnu project,
but then I have a short memory for most things! Your project sounds interesting
and if it is handled
carefully could be integrated with cfengine. However, the idea of maintaining
various file
formats is not really the "cfengine way", so that on a superficial level at
least it sounds like
something more traditional than cfengine.

WHat cfengine could benefit from is a front end that could work as a console
monitor and perhaps a
helper application for maintaining the config and any template files. At the
moment it sounds like
a system for only generating template files.

I would suggest learning more about cfengine by browsing the website
http://www.cfengine.org
and seeing whether you think the methods are compatible. That would be the
first step to a
collaboration.

Mark