Re: cfagent -f -

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: Re: cfagent -f -
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:37:19 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Nate Campi wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 12:51:35PM -0600, Chip Seraphine wrote:
> >
> > Not the most platform-independent thing in the world, but you might be
> > able to fool it with something like this:
> >
> > m4 my_cfengine_stuff.m4 | cfagent -f /dev/stdin
>
> Stevens covered the /dev/fd/* files back in the mid 90's, I think most
> UNIX-like OS's have it.
>
> $ m4 my_cfengine_stuff.m4 | cfagent -f /dev/fd/0
>
> Same thing as Chip's, maybe more portable.

Yeah, but the correct solution is just to have -f - working again, which
Mark has done.  I won't actually get it for a while, since I can't just
willy-nilly upgrade, but it's good to know I'm not completely insane.

Thanks,
Luke

--
Men will wrangle for religion; write for it; fight for it; die for it;
anything but live for it.                       --Charles Caleb Colton