Re: define based on multiple copies

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: define based on multiple copies
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:17:10 -0600

What you ought to look at is using subactionsequences (sp?).

ie:

control:
        actionsequence = ( directories
                           files
                           copy
                           shellcommands.BounceService
                           tidy )

copy:

        $(master)/conf.default  dest=/tmp/conf.default
                define=ServiceNeedsBounce
                type=checksum

        $(master)/conf.special  dest=/tmp/conf.special
                define=ServiceNeedsBounce
                type=checksum

shellcommands:

        BounceService.ServiceNeedsBounce::

                "/etc/init.d/service restart"

That'll allow you to use shellcommands elsewhere for other tasks, and
call the restart part when its needed, once.

Russell