Re: bootstrapping cfengine.

From: oearcec
Subject: Re: bootstrapping cfengine.
Date: 24 Nov 2003 12:31:47 -0800

"Luke A. Kanies" <luke@madstop.com> wrote in message
news:<mailman.192.1068609271.2005.help-cfengine@gnu.org>...

> Static linking is your friend, especially when it comes to your core
> management tools.  Really.
>
> Now that each machine has the other's public key, just run cfagent and the
> client (as long as you've got update.conf), and it should all work fine
> from there.  If you haven't statically linked, this is a much bigger pain,
> so I _really_ recommend static links.

Luke,

I have read a little bit on Google Groups about doing a static
compile.  But I didn't come up with anything that worked completely.
So far I did the edit the configure script by hand, replacing the
-l{db,crypto} with static libraries.  But this didn't work on all the
binaries.  Only cfagent, and cfservd.  There must be a better way.
What method did you use to get a static build?

Christian