Complex Editfiles Examples

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Complex Editfiles Examples
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:54:36 -0600

I'm faced with the problem of modifying many config files under AIX
where IBM's decided to use funky, multiline stanzas. I'm used to the
normal line at a time changes, etc, and am curious how others have
used edittools to modify similar files.

For example, /etc/security/limits looks like this:

user1:
        fsize = -1
        core = 2097151
        cpu = -1
        data = 262144
        rss = 65536
        stack = 65536
        nofiles = 2000

user2:
        rss = 65536
        stack = 65536

I haven't seen many complex editfiles examples in the sample configs,
and only one relevant FAQ entry.

Anyone want to share their particularly complex editfiles experiences?

Input would be appreciated. ;]

Russell