setting modes on dirs and files

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: setting modes on dirs and files
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:54:42 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,

I use cfengine to copy my perl and ruby lib directories around, and I'm
running into a problem.  The files action automatically turns 644 into 755
for directories, but the copy action does not do that.  I don't know which
side should be considered a bug, but I would at least expect consistency.
I know that I can just make my library directories executable, but that's
basically a hack.

Are people solving this problem, or just ignoring it?  Or are you using
the files action to go through the directories again fixing everything?
If you do that, you'll get lots and lots of emails, though, which I
definitely would like to avoid.

I also can't find the portion of the copy action that does the mode
changes, so I can't submit a patch, unfortunately.

Thanks,
Luke

--
"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they
outvoted me."