Re: Notification Woes

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: Notification Woes
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:04:47 -0600

Another thing that bothers me is that that particular host isn't
creating the "previous" symlink in the outputs directory.

However, you may be correct in the refusing to send repeated output,
at least for that host. But that doesn't explain why the remaining
hosts are spamming me when the messages _are_ identical between runs.

Of course, I've also got cfexecd running from /etc/inittab, and as an
hourly cron job.

I wonder if there's a race condition between the two cfexecd's?

Russell