Re: [Cfengine] Non-execution of ps by 'processes' in 2.1.0

From: Bas van der Vlies
Subject: Re: [Cfengine] Non-execution of ps by 'processes' in 2.1.0
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:29:25 +0100

Jim,

  I think processes use global lock mechanism so you can only run one
  instance of processes, maybe a solution:
  actionsequence = <someclass>.processes or processes.<someclass>

  Or play with ifelapsed variable.

Jim Wight wrote:

I have two 'processes' sections (imported from different files) which
run different ps incarnations. Under 2.0.7p3 (the latest version before
2.1.0 that I've used), both commands get executed OK:

 Main Tree Sched: processes pass 1 @ Tue Dec  9 12:05:18 2003

cfengine:xxxxxx: Running process command /bin/ps auxw

[snip]

cfengine:xxxxxx: Running process command /bin/ps -eo user,pid,ni,time,cmd
cfengine:xxxxxx: Parse error checking process time
Defining classes
DoSignals(.)
Job start time set to Tue Dec  9 12:05:18 2003

Under 2.1.0p1, however, the second command is considered to occur too
soon after the first, and is bypassed:

 Main Tree Sched: processes pass 1 @ Tue Dec  9 12:12:51 2003

cfengine:xxxxxx: Running process command /bin/ps auxw

[snip]

cfengine:xxxxxx: Running process command /bin/ps -eo user,pid,ni,time,cmd
cfengine:xxxxxx: Nothing scheduled for processes.proc___ (0/1 minutes elapsed)
Job start time set to Tue Dec  9 12:12:51 2003

Any way round this, or is it a bug? I was hoping to upgrade in order to
get proper processing of large TIME values.

Jim