Cfrun version 2.0.7p2 does not timeout on client

From: Garrett, Matt M SITI-ITDIEEE
Subject: Cfrun version 2.0.7p2 does not timeout on client
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:05:27 -0000

Folks

I am using cfengine 2.0.7.p2 (yes a bit out of date I know)

using cfrun to one of my clients , it just hangs

Now I know there is something wrong with the client , e.g telnet does not work , but can be pinged and rpcinfo works
So yes there is a problem with the client.

However doing cfrun , just hangs forever on this client and never times out.

Is there a way round this problem ?

FYI
cfrun -d , just shows the following.
Exponent: 35 (0x23)
Transaction Send[t 261][Packed text]
SendSocketStream, sent 269
Transaction Send[t 5][Packed text]
SendSocketStream, sent 13
RecvSocketStream(8)

Thanks

Matt

Matthew Garrett
Unix System Support
Seafield House, North Anderson Drive, Aberdeen AB15 6GZ, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1224 81 8373 Other Tel: Internal 630 8373
Email:
Internet: http://www.shell.com