Re: Restart daemon after config change

From: Alexander Mattausch
Subject: Re: Restart daemon after config change
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:11:02 +0100

Kief Morris schrieb:

Hi folks,

I'm using cfengine 2.1.0b5.

I want to find a way to restart daemons when their configuration files
have been changed. I thought I might use file checksum monitoring
to set a class (eg. "bind_needs_restart") that would later trigger
a shellcommand to run the init script ("/etc/init.d/bind9 reload").

However, the define attribute isn't triggered when the checksum
changes, so that's a no-go.

Does anybody else have a good way to do this?

Add the following:

control:
 AddInstallable = ( bind_needs_restart )

Regards,