Re: Resolve and purging

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: Resolve and purging
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:59:22 -0600

Cool (he says, kicking himself).

The "resolve:" documentation should probably reference this feature, then,
since it implies that this functionality is not available.  (It fooled me,
anyway.)

>From http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Reference.html#resolve:

"Note that the resolve action does not delete anything from the file
/etc/resolv.conf. It adds nameservers which do not previously exist and
reorders the lines of servers which do exist. "

I would recommend amending this to:

"Note that the resolve action does not delete anything from the file
/etc/resolv.conf unless the EmptyResolveConf variable is set to 'true' . It