looping over files in editfiles?

From: Holger Schurig
Subject: looping over files in editfiles?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 19:42:30 +0100

I want to change all .bashrc files in one sweep, e.g.

  /root/.bashrc
  /home/schurig/.bashrc
  /home/holger/.bashrc

For the second two ones, I can do

editfiles:

  { home/.bashrc
  }

assuming that those MountPattern and HomePattern is set to /home. So I have
to write a second case just for /root/.bashrc:

  { /root/.bashrc
  }

How difficult would it be to be able to write something like this:

  { /root/.bashrc:home/.bashrc
  }

If I would get directions, I would change the code and send a patch back.

Would

  MountPattern = ( / /home )
  HomePattern = ( / /home )

do the trick?  And why doesn't use cfengine not just use getpwent to
retrieve the real home directory of the users?

BTW: why do I get a warning when I haven't set MountPattern when I want to
use home/*something* ?  I don't use the NFS-mount features of cfengine at
all.