Re: Radmind vs CFengine

From: Holger Schurig
Subject: Re: Radmind vs CFengine
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:18:01 +0100

> As an example:  If I was writing a perl utility to edit a config file, I
> would expend a lot of work seperating my data from the machinery.  In
> cfengine, the cfagent *is* the machinery, and in a very real sense the
> cfagent.conf *is* the data.  So you end up with actual lines and words
> mixed in with your procedure, so that your script becomes very localized.

Are you sure?   I split my setup in little independent files:

aliases.conf     groups.conf       services.conf
apt.conf         inputrc.conf      site.conf
bashrc.conf      issue.conf        stopdaemons.conf
bootmsgs.conf    less.conf         strategies.conf
cd.conf          mc.conf           syslog.conf
cfagent.conf     motd.conf         sysrq.conf
cfservd.conf     mountpoints.conf  tcptimestamps.conf
control.conf     movehome.conf     tcpwrapper.conf
ctrlaltdel.conf  moveopt.conf      tidy.conf
CVS/             network.conf      timezone.conf
.cvsignore       nfs.conf          update.conf
devpts.conf      path.conf         xterm.conf
dircolors.conf   prompt.conf
disable.conf     rclocal.conf

I could easily share some of them.

--
Try Linux 2.6 from BitKeeper for PXA2x0 CPUs at
http://www.mn-logistik.de/unsupported/linux-2.6/