Re: [Cfengine] /etc/fstab?

From: Bas van der Vlies
Subject: Re: [Cfengine] /etc/fstab?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:39:50 +0100

Systems Administrator wrote:

Hi all. I'm hoping to get cfengine to ensure that some filesystems have the options nosuid,nodev turned on. I had a look at editfiles, but couldn't find anything like "if field w matches x, append z to field y". Do I need to use perl for this instead?
        Thanks,

I manage /etc/fstab with cfengine statements:
------------------------
mountables:
        !Rainbow::
                ${NFS_SERVER}:/home/${COLOR}
                mountoptions=bg,hard

                ${NFS_SERVER}:/usr/local
                mountoptions=bg,soft
                readonly=true

You can specify all mount options in the mountoptions keyword!. If there is a changes then the /usr/local line will be replaced with the new mountoptions.

        Hope ths Helps

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv@sara.nl      *