Re: editfiles complexity

From: Holger Schurig
Subject: Re: editfiles complexity
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:16:31 +0100

>>   flat
>
> By this, do you mean line-based?

Yes.

>>   shell-like
>
> Example?

/etc/profile. Contains Var=Value lines, but without spaces around the "=".
In INI-Files, Spaces are allowed.

> Rather than programming in each config file format, though, it
> might be better to somehow specify the format.

That would be possible. the =isc and =whatver tags then would just be
shortcuts to set those specifications in a hurry.

For me it would be more important to have some higher level at my
fingertips. Never looked into config4gnu or dotfile, but maybe if this
thingy has a config-file-edit-library, I'd try add this someday.

--
Try Linux 2.6 from BitKeeper for PXA2x0 CPUs at
http://www.mn-logistik.de/unsupported/linux-2.6/