Re: Module examples

From: John Sechrest
Subject: Re: Module examples
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:06:55 -0800

I see a note from tigger@gentoo... referencing cfportage,
but I don't find the script attached.

I see that gentoo uses emerge. Does emerge have the same
dependency checking pattern than the debian apt-get dpkg tool has?

Kurt Lieber <klieber@gentoo.org> writes:

 %
 % --Mz6K3WfyX/dq2EWC
 %
 % On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 08:40:51AM -0800 or thereabouts, John Sechrest wrot=
 % e:
 % >    I have spent the last week or so playing with
 % >    creating a new module.
 % >=20
 % >    I wonder if other people out there have examples
 % >    of modules that they use and like?
 %
 % Rob Holland posted an example of a module we (Gentoo Linux) use for
 % interfacing with our package management system.=20
 %
 % Check the archives -- wasn't more than a week or two ago.
 %
 % --kurt
 %
 % --Mz6K3WfyX/dq2EWC