Re: Limiting number of machines

From: Frank Ranner
Subject: Re: Limiting number of machines
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 21:46:59 +1100

Harish Chauhan wrote:

Hi,

How can I limit the number of machines (Range of IP addresses / subnet) getting the files from a server at any point of time so that our network doesn't get flooded with the request coming all at one time. I mean when the system is doing activites based on daily cron jobs. There has to be some mechanism that lets me specify the range getting the update and then the next range, etc

Looking forward to someones help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Harish Chauhan

Divide your machines into groups:

group1 = ( ws20 ws21 ws22 )
group2 = ( ws23 ws24 ws25 )

Import your heavy workloads at different times:

imports:

group1.Hr03:: cf.apps
group2.Hr06:: cf.apps

Use different servers?