cfengine modifying ctimes?

From: Kurt Lieber
Subject: cfengine modifying ctimes?
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 06:32:19 -0500

We have a number of configuration files that are managed by cfengine.  We
also have file integrity checker that looks for modified files.  Every time
the integrity checker runs, it complains about the ctime being modified on
any file that cfengine is managing.  From the logs, it appears as though
each time cfagent runs, it is updating the ctime on the files it manages.
I'm using either type=checksum or type=mtime for all our file copies -- why
is cfengine (apparently) changing the ctime on files each time it runs?

--kurt