Re: syncing files....

From: Erik Hjelmås
Subject: Re: syncing files....
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 19:38:26 +0100 (CET)

> Does anyone actually have working debian package management examples for
> cfengine? It would be nice to have something to start with.

ok, this is not really package management, I'm about to look into that
myself, but for now I simply do in shellcommands:

        Hr00::
                "/usr/bin/apt-get -qq update"
                "/usr/bin/apt-get -qq --print-uris upgrade"
                "/usr/bin/apt-get -qq --print-uris dist-upgrade"

This generates output (cfexecd then sends me email) if updates are needed,
and if e.g. host migrant needs updates and I trust the apt source, I can
do shellcommands:

        Hr08.migrant::
                "/var/cfengine/scripts/a-upgrade"
                "/var/cfengine/scripts/a-dist-upgrade"

which are wrapper scripts containing

DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get -qq upgrade

(since I did not find any other way to do this since cfengine requires
full path name to shellcommands)

(and of course this is not perfect as someone has already mentioned, not
all packages use debconf)

/Erik