Re: Bootstrapping

From: Nate Campi
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:27:14 -0800

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 08:12:29AM +0100, Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

> Cfengine can use dns names to store keys, with
> appropriate downgrading of security. See HostnameKeys in manual.

Cool, nice to have the choice to use DNS names if it fits the site's
needs.

I don't see how this helps with wandering salespeople, as they don't
control the DNS at whatever internet access they find (wireless hotspot,
sales prospect's network, etc), or controlling the Linux gateway I put
on my Dad's DSL line (dynamic IP).

I'm not bitching, just saying we might want to toss around ideas on ways
to increase the flexibility while still assuring identity.
--
Nate

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."  -Anon.

"Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!"  -Anon.

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."  -Anon.