Re: Bootstrapping

From: Eric Sorenson
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:10:14 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

> I do not mean to knock you down on the list, but it is very important
> that personal frustrations do not cloud the facts. That could confuse
> less experienced users/readers.

It's quite all right. Obviously people need to make a clear-eyed
assessment of their own situation and make sure they understand
the tradeoffs.

Given the caveats -- internal-only hosts, defense in depth
with filters and firewalls -- my point is you don't lose much real world
security by making TrustKeysFrom/DynamicAddresses promiscuous.

--

    Eric Sorenson - EXPLOSIVE Networking - http://explosive.net