cfengine and filers

From: Kennedy, Jeffrey
Subject: cfengine and filers
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:20:30 -0800

Is anyone using cfengine to manage NetApp filers?  I'm looking at using
it to manage files like exports, quota, hosts, etc. as well as possibly
the rc file.  Managing the rc file would require some in-file editing so
I don't know how feasible that is but I'd be interested to hear from
anyone doing this.

I'm also looking at making an options file that contains all the options
for a filer and my desired settings.  Then rsh'ing to the filer and
setting these periodically.  It would primarily be for new filers coming
online but could be used to change settings as needed for all filers.

Thanks.

~JK