Re: another crontab example

From: Tim Nelson
Subject: Re: another crontab example
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:15:27 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Brendan Strejcek wrote:

> Posted to the faq-o-matic also. Comments welcome.
>
> Note how I am trying to simulate different namespaces by making actions
> conditional upon a class which should only get set in the local
> actionsequence. Is this what others do?

        My actionsequence overall looks like:
        actionsequence  = (
                shellcommands.netconfig_pass
                shellcommands.serv_stop_pass
                copy.installpass shellcommands.installpass      # install pass
                editfiles.userpass shellcommands.userpass       # useradd pass
                # config pass
                files directories copy.configpass editfiles.configpass
                        resolve processes
                shellcommands.serv_start_pass                   #
re(start|load) pass
        )

        You'll notice I have the whole thing divided into passes, and it
seems to work well so far.

        :)

--
Tim Nelson