file's size too large ??

From: Guolin Cheng
Subject: file's size too large ??
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:01:17 -0800

Hi,

 Any one know how to deal with the following problem? I tried to delete some
files but failed since file's size is a little too big (8GB). How to set the
size of files will be deleted? my configuration file is listed below:

tidy:

    any::

        /var/tmp/
            pattern=*
            filter=tmpSpaceTidy
            recurse=inf
            type=mtime
            rmdirs=true
            links=tidy
            dirlinks=tidy
            age=39
            inform=true

filters:

   { tmpSpaceTidy
          Type: "reg|dir|link|socket"
          Result: "Type"
   }

The file size is 8GB :

[root@arc198 root]# ls -alF /var/tmp/bkptr/out.1
-rw-r-----    1 boaz     wheel    8115952898 Feb 11 17:26 /var/tmp/bkptr/out.1
[root@arc198 root]#

Then I got an email which contents are listed below:

/alexa/etc/cron.d/cron.hourly/cfagent.sh:

cfengine:Host1: RecursiveCheck was looking at /var/tmp/bkptr/out.1 when this
happened:
cfengine:Host1: lstat: Value too large for defined data type

Thanks a lot.
--Guolin Cheng