Re: DPKGPackageCheck() implementation.

From: Morten Werner Olsen
Subject: Re: DPKGPackageCheck() implementation.
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:55:41 +0100

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 11:55:32AM -0800, John Sechrest wrote:

> I am very interested in understand more about the details of what
> you are saying.
>
> Specifically, I am trying to understand how to specify a list of packages
> in a cfengine module and have apt/dpkg install them.

I've not done this, but it shall be possible to this with dpkg's
--get-selections and --set-selections (see dpkg's man-page for more
info).

> I am currently stranded on installing slapd, since it takes several
> inputs.
>
> Have you been able to find out how to process the input requests from
> cfengine?

As you see of my example [1], I'm using DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
to avoid interaction with APT. I've also modified a script [2] written
by Petter Reinholdtsen for Skolelinux used to pre-set Debconf-answers
(which in a way pre-processes the input requests from packages that
use Debconf for configuration) and made an example that uses this [3].

- Werner

[1] http://werner.nvg.org/src/cf.bind9
[2] http://werner.nvg.org/src/debconf-set-default
[3] http://werner.nvg.org/src/cf.ntp