Re: re understanding cfengine "passes"

From: Jamie Wilkinson
Subject: Re: re understanding cfengine "passes"
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:04:13 +1100

This one time, at band camp, rader@ginseng.hep.wisc.edu wrote:
>The cfagent --verbose output from my config says that cfengine is
>doing two passes.

cfagent always does two passes over the action sequence.

>Using...
>  addInstallable = ( has_afs )
>  import: afs.conf  # defines has_afs
>  shellcommands:
>    has_afs:: "/bin/echo yes i have afs here"
>    !has_afs:: "/bin/echo no afs here"
>...causes *both* shellcommands actions to be excuted (in other words:
>causes another pass of doing shellcommands.)  The cfagent --verbose
>output says shellcommands is executed twice during the first pass.

Mark can correct me if I'm wrong, but last I checked, the imports would
be loaded and parsed *at the end* of the current file.  So, your shell
commands are being run before the contents of afs.conf get read.

As to why both echos get executed, does -d2 give you any more hints
about what classes are defined?

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg