Cfengine docs question

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Cfengine docs question
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:11:38 -0600

When building 2.1.3, I ended up having to comment out the docs
subdirectory from the Makefile on *all* of my platforms.  Being
woefully ignorant in the ways of tetex and other such arcana (I'm a POD
guy myself), could I suggest that whomever has done the recent changes
(e.g. since 2.1.0) modify the configure script to check for
dependencies (such as "texi2dvi version that supports the -o flag") and
dump intellgible error messages?  Given the complexity of the tex
world, helpful exception messages are important to us uninformed souls.

Another docs question-- are older versions of the cfengine-reference
and -tutorial available on the cfengine site somewhere (other than
1.6.3)?  The HTML doesn't seem to come along with the source tarball
anymore, and the website's copy is only 100% valid if you are running
the latest release version (I think-- there is no version tag in the
document itself, so I assume it is aimed at the latest version).

And while I'm on the topic, a kudos-- the confdir stuff is looking
really  good...