Interface detection on OS X

From: Iain Morgan
Subject: Interface detection on OS X
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:01:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

While upgrading cfengine on our OS X systems, I noticed that cfagent was no
longer defining classes based on the IP address of the system. I tested
several revs of cfengien and found that the problem began with version
2.0.8p1.

Cfagent manages to define three interface classes: net_iface_lo0,
net_iface_stf0,
and net_iface_. The en0 interface does not appear to be detected. I've managed
to wrokaround the issue by using OSIOCGIFCONF instead of SIOCGIFCONF in
nameinfo.c.

I should note that this is under OS X 10.2.8. I don't know if the same
behaviour exists under 10.3.3.

--
Iain Morgan
NAS Desktop Support Group