Re: Cfengine sources

From: Kurt Lieber
Subject: Re: Cfengine sources
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 07:29:24 -0400

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 01:19:51PM +0200 or thereabouts, Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no
wrote:
> Don't worry, I will never abandon cfengine without replacing it
> with something better. However, my direct involvement in
> changes can no longer go beyond core activities and I hope
> that the final of these issues will be resolved i the next
> major release.

OK, that's good to hear. :)

> I need to have tight control over development until the these
> are fully implemented. After that, it will be easier for
> others to contribute more freely (of course this does not mean
> that they will...).

Gentoo Linux relies on cfengine heavily for its infrastructure.  If/when it
comes to the point where you'd like to seek outside help, we'd be happy to
help with recruiting and publicity.  In fact, if there's anything we can do
to help, let me know and I'm happy to do what we can.

--kurt