Re: Cfengine sources

From: Christian Pearce
Subject: Re: Cfengine sources
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:04:08 GMT

We are working to support it professionally.  I actually installed it
yesterday.  I looked at it a long time ago and was able to do some very cool
stuff.  We automated registry edits and installation of a BB client, etc.

I have since started working with cfengine v2.  We want to be able to install
cfengine with a stripped down version of cygwin or full blown cygwin depending
on what the customer wants.  Essentially boil it down to a binary package,
setup.exe.

I started playing around with automating integrit to generate the tripwire like
reports.  It should prove useful.  I am not a windows guy and cfengine makes
good use of automating tools.  I just don't know what types of things windows
guys do to manage their machines.  I assume they have to do something. :)

--
Christian Pearce
http://www.commnav.com