Re: methods [was: cfengine ideology question]

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: Re: methods [was: cfengine ideology question]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:44:25 -0500

Billy Allan wrote:

> > Recently "methods" were introduced in cfengine to allow more complex
> > behaviours in cfengine scripts, but even with these there will be
> > times when your own script is better.
>
> I haven't been following the "methods" stuff - something new to play
> with! :-)

A few weeks ago I posted some pretty basic questions about methods and
nobody bit. Is anyone using methods in production? If so, could you post
some examples? Something to work with other than what is contained in
the reference would be nice.

Particularly, I am interested in the fault isolation and scoping
benefits I might be able to obtain with methods.