Re: methods and scripts

From: John Sechrest
Subject: Re: methods and scripts
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:06:54 -0700

Can you explain the specifics of which " does what?

I am seeing mis-matched quotes, so I am clearly not understanding something...

Brendan Strejcek <brendan@cs.uchicago.edu> writes:

 % Tim Nelson wrote:
 %
 % > Mark, is there a way to do here-documents as input to
 % > shellcommands?  eg, something like:
 %
 % I think I posted this before...
 %
 % shellcommands:
 %
 %     debian_unstable_mta.!debian_unstable_mta_postfix_user::
 %
 %         # add a postfix user; sed allows indentation preservation
 %         #"/bin/cat <<'            EOF' | sed 's/^ *//' | EDITOR=ed vipw
 %         "/bin/sed 's/^ *//' <<'            EOF' | EDITOR=ed vipw
 %             /^\+/
 %             -
 %             a
 %             postfix:x:1000:1000::/var/spool/postfix:/bin/false
 %             w
 %             q
 %             EOF"
 %