OutputPrefix

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: OutputPrefix
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:08:32 -0500

This is very nice! I have been wanting a way to reclaim those wasted
columns in mailed cfexecd reports. It doesn't seem to like an empty
string value though ( "" ) (or rather, it uses the default if you set it
to such a value) so the best I have been able to get is:

OutputPrefix = ( a )

    a: Executing script...

rather than

    cfengine:hostname:: Executing script...

Those columns are valuable!

This variable is there in the reference under "Special variables".

    http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Reference.html#Special%20variables

Maybe it should also be under the section for cfexecd, as that is what
you are configuring with it.

Thanks for pointing it out.