method error

From: Adolfo Abalo Cascallar
Subject: method error
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:27:59 +0200

   Hi:

   2 questions... :-)

   One is if there are some option to force cfengine to use IP numbers,
not the hostname...

   and two: I_m trying to use the methods sequence but the example that
I found on the reference manual doesn't work...

   I use cfengine 2.1.3 over Solaris 5.8.

   Anybody knows why?

   Thanks,

Adolfo Abalo

----- ERROR:

Examining child's incoming
(localhost_localhost_SimpleMethod_MD5=37a6259cc0c1dae299a7866489dff0bd)
This request came from localhost - our reply should be sent there!
cfengine:: Could not open a parameter bundle
(/var/cfengine/rpc_in/::1_10.95.23.136_SimpleMethod_) while counting
attachments
Number of return arguments (0) does not match template (1)
Discarding method SimpleMethod
cfengine:: No valid incoming request to execute method (SimpleMethod)

-----
My cfagent.conf:

methods:

any::