Re: method to check for package installation

From: Anne Cross
Subject: Re: method to check for package installation
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:31:41 -0400

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 10:58:34AM -0600, wob-cfengine-help wrote:

> > Is anyone working on or interested in using System V packages in
> > cfengine in the packages section?
>
> I for one would be very interested in this. Currently I have around
> 50 solaris hosts under cfengine control. I have a simple script
> that will do package installs using 'pkgadd' but it's very primitive.

Likewise - I haven't had a chance to look at the CFengine packages stuff
since we upgraded to cfengine 2, but my scripts for handling packages
from cfengine 1 are quite crude and brutish.

And we're managing about 250 Solaris 8 machines here so this would be a
Good Thing (tm) for us.

Anne Cross
Systems Administrator, Tufts University
"Change has become a constant; managing it has become an expanding
 discipline." -- Queen Elizabeth II of England