Re: cfengine 2.1.4, KillOldLinks()

From: Jeff Blaine
Subject: Re: cfengine 2.1.4, KillOldLinks()
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 10:02:43 -0400

To summarize/finalize for the mailing list archives:

>>>I have two problems.
>>>
>>>The first is the following:  Perfectly valid symlinks are being
>>>deleted.

This was a bug, has been fixed in the current development source code,
and a 2.1.6 release is in the works (As Mark mentioned).

Problem two is mentioned in the 1st line of the output above.  On IRIX
and Red Hat Linux 7.x, 'stale link deletion' is active and I have NOT
specified '-L' in my command-line options.

This was an error on my part.  I do have links=tidy in certain areas
of my config file that I forgot about.