Re: Permission modes and AutoCreate

From: Uli Knauss
Subject: Re: Permission modes and AutoCreate
Date: 14 May 2004 09:29:16 -0700

Chip Seraphine <chip@trdlnk.com> wrote in message:
> I have snippets like this:
>
>               { /some/file
>                       Umask 022
>                       AutoCreate
>
>                       #do stuff
>               }
>
> but invariably the files are created with permissions 600.  Any ideas what I
> could be doing wrong?  Or is this a bug that others see as well?

Hello,

what are you doing in your cfengine programm? Is this a "editfiles:"
or "files:" action? If you want to create files - try like this:

files:
        /some/file
                  mode=755
                  owner=root    # change owner an group in what you
want
                  group=root
                  action=fixall

sorry I haven't tested this, but it should work. I'm not a
"cfengine-Expert". You have to define "files" in the actionsequence
also. You will find more details in the cfengine-reference.

regards
Uli