Copying from server=$(variable)

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Copying from server=$(variable)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:34:55 -0500

Originally, I setup all my systems to have their update.conf do "local" copies
from master files made available by NFS.  For various reasons I am now moving
to doing cfengine network copies from the NFS server.

My problem is the server itself.  I would rather do local file copies there;
It seems to have trouble copying files from itself, and even if it didn't I
would still rather use local copies to help me recover from things like a
corrupt cfservd.

Anyway, the upshot is that I would like to be able to continue using the same
update.conf on my server as on my clients.  My update.conf has a couple dozen
copy stanzas, and I would rather not maintain two copies that are identical
except that one copy is missing all the 'server=$(policyhost)' lines.

Is anybody else dealing with this? Is there a way I can force local copies
(and in effect, ignore the server= lines)?

--

Chip Seraphine
Unix Administrator