renaming directories

From: Steve Wray
Subject: renaming directories
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 15:36:56 +1200

Hi there,
since cfengine flatly refuses to rename a directory in the rename
directive, is there a cfengine way to rename them?

We have upgraded users to a newer version of gnome. For whatever reason,
the gnome team (or maybe its the debian package maintainers) have
changed the desktop directories name from .gnome-desktop to Desktop
The contents are all the same.

I was hoping that

rename:
        UpgradeGnome::
                home/.gnome-desktop dest=Desktop

would do... but cfengine won't cooperate.

I tried copy-ing it and then tidy-ing it, but tidy wouldn't completely
obliterate the old directory structure (left subdirs behind and
wouldn't remove the non-empty top level dir) which confuses gnome.

Any ideas?

Thanks!