previous symlink problem

From: Harish Chauhan
Subject: previous symlink problem
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:04:12 -0400

Hi,

I am facing the same problem regarding previous symlink pointing to old file. I am using cfengine v2.1.4. We  wanted to collect the latest log file in a central server so we were referring to  previous symlink in out scrips but we found that sometimes the system breaks in the sense. example previous link missing, pointing to old log file  and sometimes not even getting created even when stop/start  the cfexecd process.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
harish