user management

From: Martin A. Brooks
Subject: user management
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:10:53 +0100

Hi

I'd like to manage the passwd/group files on a largish number of
machines where the user list for each machine is arbitrary. The machines
will be running either Solaris or Linux.

I can be sure that no two users have the same UID/GID so I'm not worried
about clashes.

Looking at the cfengine docs, there's no integrated way of doing this
however I'm sure I'm not the first person who's needed to do this.

Tips and suggestions appreciated.

Regards
--
Martin A. Brooks <martin@clues.ltd.uk>