Re: user management

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: Re: user management
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:13:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

Have you looked at cfperl?  http://lifelogs.com/cfperl, there's a
link to the manual.

I'd heard of it but not seriously looked at it. I'll hopefully look at it more in the coming week.

Does it not do what you need, or are you unhappy with the Perl
dependency, or do you simply want to do your own?  I think it will do
what you're describing, but without the LDAP checks.  If not, I'll be
glad to consider feature requests.

I simply didn't know about it. I'll look into it and see where it will fit in. I write many of my modules in perl, so that is certainly not a problem for me. I'm especially interested in your parser, because I notice some distinct differences between it and cfengine's parser.

I can add the LDAP support if you're interested.

If I decide to use cfperl, I will probably submit support for it.

--
I don't want the world, I just want your half.
Luke Kanies | http://abstractive.org | http://reductiveconsulting.com