Re: anyone running cfengine2 on debian sarge?

From: Jamie Wilkinson
Subject: Re: anyone running cfengine2 on debian sarge?
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 18:26:30 +1000

This one time, at band camp, Brendan Strejcek wrote:
>I totally agree. /var/cfengine should not be considered config files
>except on the master. It is a cache. I suspect the only compromise you
>should make between cfengine and Debian policy is locating the workdir
>in /var/lib/cfengine2 rather than /var/cfengine.

I'd go one further and say that /var/cfengine, /var/lib/cfengine is
*never* config files, even on the master, because cfservd can serve the
master files from wherever the admin feels like it, it could be
/etc/cfengine, it could be /home/cfengine/rollout, for example.

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg