Restart of non standard process

From: RT
Subject: Restart of non standard process
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 14:16:39 +0200 (Romance Daylight Time)

Hi

We are currently using CF-Engine on our Red Hat ES Linux systems to monitor (and restart) important processes if needed. However one of the monitored applications (3.th party product) do not execute the way a 'normal' linux app would. Basically the app. includes tree files for server control:

./start
./stop
./restart

When you run these files from a command line they will go trough a series of steps (with some screen output) when executing. Each will take around 30seks to complete.

Problem:

When CF-engine runs any of these applications it will 'hang' without ever ending. I have tried to make a shell script that runs the program, tried the ./restart& command all with the same result.

Help to solve this would be most appreciated!

Best regards
Rasmus