contexts and variables

From: Oyvind Gronnesby
Subject: contexts and variables
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:34:09 +0200

The reference manual was appropriatly vague about this, so it's not
clear to me exactly what a `context' is.  Is it a way to access the
value of a variable at different stages of actionsequence, or a way
of accessing variables as they would have been set for different
classes?

What I want to do is to access a value with $(hostname.ldap_basedn)
and such on a different host than "hostname".  Is this at all
possible, and can I do $(*.ldap_basedn) or some other wildcard to
access the values for all the different hosts?

--
Øyvind Grønnesby