Re: restarting cfserv when changing cfservd.conf

From: Christian Pearce
Subject: Re: restarting cfserv when changing cfservd.conf
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:38:46 -0400

Isn't cfservd suppose to reread the config file?  I know this worked at
one point in time.  Now it seems to be broken...

I do get the "Checking file updates on /var/cfengine/inputs/cfservd.conf
(4107d14b/4107d153)" when running in debug mode.  But if I edit the file
nothing happens.

One thing I did notice is the Debug used newstat.st_ctime and the if
uses newstat.st_mtime.  Shouldn't this be ctime?

Debug("Checking file updates on %s (%x/%x)\n",filename,
newstat.st_ctime, CFDSTARTTIME);

if (CFDSTARTTIME < newstat.st_mtime)
   {
   snprintf(OUTPUT,CF_BUFSIZE*2,"Rereading config files
%s..\n",filename);
   CfLog(cfinform,OUTPUT,"");

   /* Free & reload -- lock this to avoid access errors during reload */

--
Christian Pearce
http://www.commnav.com