IPRange classes not working for me

From: Donald Zoch
Subject: IPRange classes not working for me
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 14:27:06 -0500

Maybe I'm stupid, but I just can't figure out why this is not working

I have some classes like the one below, tx, which I define by IPRange.
I define variables for those classes in the control section.  My problem is
that it seems like the classes are never true because variables below
like hostname appear in /etc/hosts as literally ${hostname}.  If  I change
the control section to be any:: instead of tx, it works.

I am using an update.conf to update my files in /var/cfengine from a cfengine
server in a kickstart post install.  The stuff below is in my cfagent.conf.
I've tried having a separate cf.classes file and then importing that but it
still never seems to work.

Any suggestions?

classes:

    tx = ( IPRange(192.168.0-255.0-255) )

control:

any::

   ip = ( ExecResult(/var/cfengine/inputs/scripts/getip) )

tx::
   resolv_gold = ( $(cfinputs)/files/resolv.conf.tx )
   hostname = ( ExecResult(/var/cfengine/inputs/scripts/gethostnametx) )
   hostsequiv = ( "+@blah" )
   rhosts = ( "+@blah" )
   serial = ( "9600" )
   autofslocaloptions = ( "tcp -D OS=$(os)" )
   numa = ( "numa=off" )
   ypdomain = ( "foo" )
   network = ( "192.168.0.0" )
   broadcast = ( "192.168.255.255" )

editfiles:

tx::
    { /etc/hosts
      BeginGroupIfFileExists "/etc/hosts"
        EmptyEntireFilePlease
         Append "127.0.0.1              localhost.localdomain localhost"
         Append "${ip}                  ${hostname}.amd.com ${hostname}"
      EndGroup
    }

Donald
----