Functionality verification...

From: Christian Pearce
Subject: Functionality verification...
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 16:24:14 -0400

is _class a valid class name?  I looked in the docs and couldn't find
anything talking about what makes a valid name.  I thought I remember
reading about it at one point in time.  It was my understand it was
Start with Alpha and could contain Alphanumeric plus underscore.  But
_class works just fine.

Is _class valid?

Also

groups:

    test = ( machine1 machine2 )
    test = ( machine3 machine4 )

test is true if machine1, machine2, machine3, or machine4.  I don't see
the documentation talking about this either.  You might think why would
someone do this?  Well it is a valid question.  Certainly if you wrote
this by hand you would combine them.  But we are generating our cfengine
code from templates.  And this makes it easier.  My fear is someone will
not want this functionality in the future and it was not part of the
original specifications.  In other words the functionality exists
because it was never checked for, but it was not the intention of the
author for this to be correct.

Is this valid ?  Will it go away?
--
Christian Pearce